Crafting mineral powder foundation can be one of the simplest things to do, requiring a few ingredients and kitchen supplies. Here is a basic recipe. The challenge in creating mineral powder foundation lies in finding the right color blend to match your skin tones and that will take a few trial and errors.
To start off, here are the supplies needed:
Titanium Dioxide (1 tbsp)
Zinc Oxide (1/2 tbsp)
Yellow, Brown, Red or Black Iron Oxides (varies, start at 1/2-1 tbsp)
Kaolin Clay (optional for oil absorption, use for oily skin) (1/2 tbsp)
Allantoin (optional for moisturizing, use for dry skin) (1/ tbsp)
A food processor or coffee bean grinder
Empty jar or container
Isopropyl Alcohol in a spray bottle
Start by spraying down the area and equipment with the alcohol. Also be sure to wear gloves and a face mask.
1) Simply measure out the titanium dioxide, zinc oxide and kaolin clay/allantoin in a bowl to create a base.
2) In a separate bowl, combine iron oxide until desired shade is created, do note that the this color will be mixed in with the base which will lighten the shade.
3) Combine color mixture with base in one bowl, test the color after the combination and readjust if necessary and;
3) Pour mixture into processor or grinder and blend
4) Pour into empty jar or container and store
Have you tried this out or have a different recipe, please share in the comment box below.